autumn chick'n curry
- 2 Tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1 package gardein teriyaki chick'n
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1/3" cubes
- 1/2 yellow onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup brussel sprouts, cut in half
- 1 15oz can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 15ozcan fire-roasted tomatoes with juice
- 1/2 cupvegetable broth
- 1 tbspcurry powder
- 1/2 cupcashews
- 2 Tbspchopped cilantro
Heat oil 1 tablespoon of oil and cook Chick’n Strips according to package instructions, but don’t add sauce packet yet. Remove cooked strips from skillet.
Add remaining olive oil to same skilled and brown sweet potatoes and brussel sprouts for about 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add onions and saute for another 2 to 3 minutes.
Add broth, sauce packet (that came with the chick’n strips), chickpeas, tomatoes and spices to skillet and let simmer for approximately 10 minutes, until everything is warm and juices reduced a bit.
Add cooked chick’n back to mixture, stir. Serve over warm rice and sprinkle with cashews and cilantro.
***This recipe was created by our friend, The Fit Fork!