beefless tacos with chimichurri sauce
- 1 bunch flat leaf parsley (cut off thick stems)
- 1/2 bunch cilantro
- 4-6 cloves garlic
- 1 Tbsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 small lemon wedge, juiced
- 1 tspfresh oregano
- 1 tspspanish seasonings (cumin, chili powder etc)
- 1/4medium red or white onion
- 1/2 cupextra virgin olive oil
- to tastekosher salt and fresh cracked pepper
pico de gallo
- 3/4 cup white onion, chopped
- 1 sprig cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 1 cupheirloom yellow tomato, chopped
- 2japapenos, diced
- 2 tspsalt
- 1 package gardein beefless tips
- 1 cup white cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp spanish seasonings
- 1 avocado, chopped
To make chimichurri sauce:
In a food processer blend all of the chimichurri ingredients and process until smooth. Place in fridge for 30 minutes or longer to have the flavors fully combine.
To make pico de gallo:
In a small bowl mix all pico do gallo ingredients and place in fridge for 30 minute so flavors fully combine.
To make the tacos:
Heat oven to 350º F and place tortillas on the rack to form for the tacos. Cook for 3-5 minutes.
In a pan on medium heat cook the defrosted beefless tips with olive oil for 5 to 7 minutes to get a good sear on them. Top with the chimichurri sauce and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes.
Place beefless tips in a taco shell with sliced cabbage, pico de gallo and avocado then top with cilantro, spices, and additional chimichurri sauce! Garnish with lime wedges and hemp seeds.
***This recipe was created by our friend, Eat, Shrink, Drink!