beefless tips pasta
- 1 pkggardein beefless tips
- 1/2 cupcashews, whole raw
- water for covering cashews by 1"
- 1 lbpappardelle
- 2 tbspextra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 cupscherry tomatoes
- 1 cuponion, diced 1/4"
- 1garlic clove, minced
- 2 cupscremini mushrooms, quartered
- 1/2 cupwhite wine
- 3 tspfresh thyme
- 2 tbsplemon juice
- 1 1/5 tspvegetable stock paste
- 6artichokes, canned, 1/4 wedges
- 10kalamata olives, pitted, quartered
- 1 cupcashew cream or heavy cream
- to tastesalt and pepper
For the cashew cream:
Put the cashews in a bowl and add cold water to cover them. Cover the bowl and refrigerate overnight. Drain the cashews and rinse under cold water.
Place in a blender with enough fresh cold water to cover them by 1 inch. Blend on high for several minutes until very smooth and strain through a fine mesh sieve.
Cook paperadelle as per cooking instructions found on package heat a non stick pan over medium-high heat, add canola oil and caramelize gardein beefless tips well on all sides set aside, 2-3 minutes.
Meanwhile heat a large fry pan add olive oil and sauté grape tomatoes on high heat until tomatoes start to caramelize. Add onions ,mushrooms and garlic over medium heat until onions soften, mushrooms caramelize and garlic is fragrant.
Deglaze pan with white wine. Add the thyme, lemon juice, vegetable stock paste, artichoke pieces, olives, cashew cream , salt and pepper. Bring to a high simmer.
Pour cream sauce over pasta.