chick’n coconut curry
- 1 Tbspolive or coconut oil
- 1 pkggardein teriyaki chick'n strips (no sauce)
- 1 Tbspcurry powder
- 2 clovesgarlic, minced
- 1 tspginger root, grated & peeled
- 3 Tbspred curry paste
- 14 oztin coconut milk
- 3 cupsbite-sized pieces broccoli florets
- 2 cupscooked basmati rice
- 2 Tbsplime juice, divided
- 1/4 cupcilantro, chopped
Heat heavy frying pan over medium-high heat. Add oil to coat pan. Toss gardein chick’n strips in curry powder before adding to warmed frying pan. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes on each side until well caramelized and crisp. Remove to a platter.
Add garlic and ginger to a saucepan and gently stir fry for 1 minute. Careful not to burn. Whisk in curry paste and coconut milk before bringing sauce to a boil. Stir in broccoli florets, reduce heat, and simmer for 5 minutes.
Add gardein chick’n to saucepan and gently stir to coat in sauce. Serve on a bed of rice drizzled with a little lime juice and chopped cilantro.