Chick’n Pesto Sandwich
- 1 pkg white bread
- 1 pkg cheese or vegan cheese alternative
- 1 red pepper
For Vegan Pesto
- 3 cups fresh basil, compressed
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cupwater
- 3 tbsppine nuts
- 1 tspsalt
To make pesto
1. Wash and remove the leaves from 2 bunches of basil (about 3 cups of leaves packed down). Toss the stems. Put the leaves in your blender or food processor.
2. Add the garlic, olive oil, lemon juice, water, pine nuts and rock salt.
3. Blend slowly at first, then amp it up until it resembles well, pesto. You may have to scrape down the sides a few times.
1. Prepare Chick’n sliders according to the package instructions
2. Spread pesto on the bun and assemble sandwich
3. Place in panini maker or on stove until cheese is slightly melted or bread is slightly browned.