chick’n spring roll
- 4 ozrice vermicelli
- 1 pkggardein scallopini or teriyaki chick'n strips (no sauce)
- 4garlic cloves, minced
- 4 tbsphoisin sauce (vegetarian options available)
- 1 tspsesame oil
- 16rice wrappers (8.5" diameter)
- 1 cupcarrot, peeled and julienne
- 1 cupcucumber julienne
- 1 cupgreen onion, bias thin cut
- 4 tblspfresh mint, chiffonade
- to tastethai sweet chili sauce (optional)
Place rice vermicelli in bowl and cover with hot water for 3-5 minutes or until al dente and drain.
In a non stick pan over medium-high heat add canola oil, cut gardein chick’n and garlic and sauté 3 minutes until caramelized. Stir in hoisin sauce and sesame oil and remove from heat.
Fill a large bowl with warm water dip one wrapper into the hot water for 1 second to soften. Lay wrapper flat. In a row across the center, place 2 strips of chick’n, a handful of vermicelli, carrot, cucumber, green onion and fresh mint, leaving about 2 inches uncovered on each side. Fold uncovered sides inward then tightly roll the wrapper.
Using a wet knife cut spring roll on a bias to appropriate size. Serve with thai sweet chili sauce or sauce of your choice.