fishless filet salad rolls
- 1 pkg gardein golden fishless filets
- 1/4 cup chili garlic sauce
- 1/2 cup each julienned cucumber, red pepper and carrot
- 1 bunch each fresh mint, cilantro and/or Thai basil
- 3-4 oz vermicelli rice noodles
- 8-10 rice paper spring rolls
- hot waterfor rice paper spring rolls
- ½ cup almond butter
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp lime juice, freshly squeezed
- 2-4 tsp chili garlic sauce (to taste)
- hot water
For Vermicelli Noodles:
1. Boil enough hot water to cover the noodles in a heat proof bowl.
2. Allow to soften in hot water about 10 minutes (follow package directions).
3. Drain and set aside.
For Golden Fishless Filet:
1. Preheat conventional/toaster oven to 425°F.
2. Bake frozen fishless filet on a foil or parchment lined baking sheet for 10-12 minutes (oven) or 12-14 minutes (toaster oven) per side until golden brown, crisp and hot throughout. (Oven temperatures may vary).
3. Coat filets with chilli garlic sauce and slice lengthwise into strips.
For Almond Sauce:
1. Whisk almond butter, soy sauce, sugar and lime juice in a medium bowl.
2. Add hot water by the tablespoon to loosen the sauce and allow you to combine the ingredients completely.
3. Add chilli garlic sauce by the teaspoon to reach your desired level of spice.
For Salad Rolls:
1. Soak one rice paper spring roll at a time in very hot water, until softened (about 20 seconds).
2. Transfer to a cutting board and lay out flat.
3. Add a small handful of vermicelli noodles and layer 2-3 pieces of Fishless Filet, vegetables and desired herbs onto the bottom third of the rice paper.
4. Roll, tucking in the edges as you go, until you form a firm roll, sealing the rice paper to itself.