kebabs and irish mash
- 1 pkg gardein beefless tips
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp fresh chopped herbs (rosemary, thyme, chives, parsley)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 2-3 lbs potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1 bunch kale, sliced
- ¼ green cabbage, thinly sliced
- 2-3 green onions, sliced
- 2-3 tbspvegan butter
- to tastesalt & pepper
For Beefless Kebab:
1. Sauté frozen beefless tips in oil over high heat until browned on all sides (3-4 minutes).
2. In the last minute of cooking, add garlic, herbs and zest to the pan and toss to coat the beefless tips.
1. Add potatoes to a pot and cover with cold water. Bring to a boil, reduce to simmer, and cook until tender (approx. 20 minutes).
2. Meanwhile, using a steamer above simmering water, steam kale and cabbage until just cooked, and tender.
3. When cooked, mash the potatoes until smooth, and combine with butter. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
4. Mix in cabbage, kale and green onion. Serve immediately.