- 2 bags corn tortilla chips of your choice (mixing colors and flavors is fun!)
- 4 ripe tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 small white onion, chopped
- ¼ cupfinely chopped cilantro leaves
- to tastesalt and pepper
“beef” and beans
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 pkg gardein beefless ground
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and chopped
- 1 tspsalt
- 1 1/2 tspchili powder
- 1 1/2 tspcumin
- 1 tspcayenne pepper (add or subtract to your heat level)
- 1 pkgrefried beans, drained
- 2 1/2 cups vegan shredded cheddar or Mexican mix cheese
- vegan sour cream
- chopped scallions
- chopped black olives
Arrange the mixture of both corn chips on a very large, oven safe platter.
Combine salsa ingredients and set aside.
Preheat broiler to 300 degrees.
Heat a medium sized pan to medium heat. Add in oil, garlic, onion and peppers and sauté for 2 minutes. Add in the meatless ground and mix in well. Season with salt, chili powder, cumin and cayenne pepper. Cook and mix well for about 3-5 minutes, then stir in the beans and reduce to low heat.
Use about a cup of cheese and generously spread over the tortilla chips and top evenly with meatless ground mixture. Top with another cup of cheese.
Place platter into broiler for a few minutes to melt the cheese.
Remove platter from oven and top with salsa, guacamole, sour cream, scallions, onions and olives, sprinkling the last bit of cheese on top.
***This Chef Inspired recipe was created by our good friend, The Healthy Voyager!