mexican chopped salad
- 1 pkgscallopini
- 1 pkgfajita spice (simply organic)
- 1 tbspvegetable oil
- 1/4 cuplime juice, fresh squeezed
- 2 tbspagave nectar
- 1 tbspcilantro, finely chopped
- 1garlic clove, peeled and minced
- 1serrano pepper, deveined and finely diced
- 1/4 cupextra virgin olive oil
- 1 headbibb lettuce, torn into bite sized pieces
- 1 cupcanned black beans, rinsed
- 1/2 cupcorn, canned
- 1 cupgrape tomatoes, halved
- 1scallion, thinly sliced
- 1avocado, sliced
- 1/4 cuppine nuts, toasted
- 2 tbspcilantro leaves
Thaw gardein chick’n for 15 minutes
In a small bowl mix together lime juice, agave, cilantro, garlic, and seranno pepper. While continuously mixing, slowly add olive oil to finish dressing.
Dredge chick’n in fajita spice.
Fry the dredged scallopini in oil for 2-3 minutes on each side until golden brown and hot through, set onto cutting board and slice each breast into 3.
On a large serving platter add lettuce, black beans, corn, grape tomatoes, scallions, and avocado. Drizzle salad with dressing and garnish with toasted pinenuts and cilantro leaves.