peking chick’n lettuce wraps
- 1 large seedless cucumber, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/2 small onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 2 tbspgluten-free tamari
- 1 tbsprice vinegar
- 1 tspsriracha
- 1 tspmaple syrup
- 1 cup gluten-free tamari
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1 2” piece of ginger, sliced
- 2garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tbspmaple syrup
- 1 pkg gardein chick’n scallopini
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- 3 tbsp water
- 8 -10Boston or butter lettuce cups, for serving
- slicedscallions, for serving
For the pickles: Combine cucumber, carrot, onion, and scallion in a bowl. Toss with salt and let sit for 5 minutes. Add remaining ingredients and stir to combine. Allow the cucumbers to marinate, mixing every 5 minutes, until softened, about 20 minutes.
For the sauce: In a small saucepan, combine the five ingredients. Simmer over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until reduced by a third, about 10 minutes. Remove the garlic and ginger and transfer to a serving bowl.
• Meanwhile, preheat a nonstick pan and 2 tsp of oil over medium heat. Sauté the gardein chick’n for 1 minute on each side. Add 3 tbsp of water, cover, and cook for 2 minutes. Uncover and cook for an additional minute until lightly browned and hot throughout. Remove to a cutting board and brush with the sauce on both sides. Thinly slice the peking chick’n and serve alongside the lettuce cups, sliced scallions, kimchi pickles and the remaining sauce.
***This recipe was created by our friend, Phoebe Lapine!