quick beefless tip stew
- 2 Tbspolive oil, divided
- 1 pkggardein beefless strips
- 2 cupsfresh button mushrooms
- 1 medium onion
- 2 medium carrots
- 2 clovesgarlic, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cupbeefless stock or vegetable stock
- 1 can seasoned diced tomatoes with liquid (14 1/2 oz)
- 1 canwhite navy beans (16 oz)
- 1 pinchsalt
- 1 pinchfreshly ground pepper
- 2 cupscooked with white rice
- 1/4 cupfresh chopped parsley
Heat 1 Tbsp oil in a large saucepan over medium high heat. Add gardein beefless tips and cook for 3 to 4 minutes on each side until caramelized and crispy. Remove to a bowl using a slotted spoon and add mushrooms to pan. Sauté until they begin to release their water and begin to brown.
Shake pan from time to time to prevent mushrooms from sticking. Transfer to bowl with beefless tips.
Add remaining 1 Tbsp oil along with onion, cut into wedges, and carrots, cut into ¼ inch thick slices, to saucepan and sauté for 4 to 5 minutes, stirring often. Add garlic and sauté for another minute. Deglaze pan with stock.
Stir in tomatoes, beans, beefless tips, and mushrooms. Bring to a boil before reducing heat to low and simmering until carrots are tender, about 10 to 15 minutes. Season stew with salt and pepper.
Serve stew on a bed of rice garnished with chopped parsley.