sweet & sour porkless stir-fry
sweet & sour sauce
- ½ cup pineapple juice
- ¼ cup white vinegar
- 4 tbsp tamari sauce
- 3 tbspcoconut palm sugar
- 2 tbspcornstarch or tapioca
- 2 tbsp rice bran oil
- 1 cup cashews, halved
- 1 pkg sweet & sour porkless bites
- 3 cups fresh pineapple, cubed
- 2 cupsgreen beans, de-seeded and cut into long strips
- 1 red bell pepper, de-seeded and cut into long strips
- 2 tspgarlic, minched
- 1 tbspfresh ginger, minced
1. Combine pineapple juice, vinegar, soy sauce, sugar and cornstarch, and mix well. Heat in small saucepan until slightly thick, and set aside.
2. Heat oil in large wok over medium and, when hot, add cashews, and stir-fry for 1 minute. Remove from heat and set aside.
3. Add Pork bites, pineapple cubes and peas/ beans, and stir-fry for 1 minute. Add red bell pepper, garlic and ginger, and stir-fry for 1 minute.
4. Add sweet-and-sour sauce, stirring to mix well, and stir-fry for 2 minutes more. Remove from heat, garnish with cashews, if using, and serve alone or over rice or noodles.
*This recipe was created by our friend, Sophie Uliano!*