- 1 pkggardein scallopini
- 1/2 cupmayonnaise (vegan option available)
- 2 tblspchipotle peppers in adobo sauce, pureed
- 1 tblspcanola oil
- 1 pkgfajita spice (simply organic)
- 4flour or wheat tortillas
- 1 cupmozzarella cheese (or vegan option)
- 1 cuptropical fruit salsa (prepared)
- 2 tblspcilantro chopped
Thaw gardein chick’n for 15 minutes.
For the aioli:
In a small bowl mix together mayonnaise and pureed chipotle peppers.
For the chick’n:
Dredge chick’n in fajita spice. Fry the dredged scallopini in oil for 2-3 minutes on each side until golden brown and hot through, set onto cutting board and dice into 1/2”cubes.
Assembling the quesadilla:
Lay 2 tortillas on the counter and spread chipotle aioli over tortillas. Top with cheese, chick’n mixture, tropical fruit salsa and cilantro. Spread remaining cheese over toppings and place a tortilla on top.
Lay one of the cheese-covered tortilla in a 10” skillet over medium heat. cover and cook for 2 minutes checking frequently until the bottom tortilla is crisp and brown. turn-over, cover, and cook 2 minutes more until lightly browned and cheese is melted. cut each quesadilla into 4.