It’s time to chip into that “potatoes are bad for you myth”! Today is #NationalPotatoeDay, so what better way to honor this veggie than to cover the top 5 reasons why it’s so awesome.
- Treat your skin.
- Try a potato juice facial. Or even use sliced potatoes on eyelids to reduce the appearance of dark circles.
- Boost your brain.
- Keep one of the most important parts of your body going! Potatoes have high amounts of copper and iron- both known for boosting brain activity.
- Get rid of those pesky bruises.
- Potatoes have been used as a home remedy for centuries to cure bruises, sprains and even ulcers! Potatoes contain an enzyme called catecholase, which is found in most cosmetic products. It is used to lighten the skin. Treat bruises using potatoes – Potatoes contain an enzyme called catecholase, which is found in most cosmetic products. It is used to lighten the skin. Peel a potato and run it through your processor. Put the processed on a piece of cheesecloth and place it over the bruise. This is also good for them dark circles under the eye.
- Less stress is best.
- The vitamin B6 that is found in potatoes boosts cellular renewal, which aid in relieving What a benefit!
- The overall health benefits.
- Did you know potatoes are known to decrease cholesterol levels? Potatoes also provide nourishment to help reduce feelings of hunger.
Thinking of cooking up a potato-based recipe? Check out this yummy creamy potato & chick’n flautas recipe. Don’t forget to share your thoughts on social. We love hearing from you!